Hey, y’all! Happy first (official) day of summer. I mean, it’s felt like summer in Austin since OH, MARCH (!!!) but whatever. I guess the furnace-of-Hades-level temperatures are justified now that it’s actually summer. (I promise I wasn’t a theater major. Just naturally dramatic.)
Anyway, this week has been both eventful and awesome. (I mean, not in terms of current events…but I’ll leave that conversation for the comment section of your aunt’s FB post). Let me count the reasons why.
I got to leave my husband to play Mr. Mom while I ate breakfast at a swanky Austin cafe and do an interview with an AWESOME pair of entrepreneurial BFFs. I wrote an article that I’m PRAYING gets picked up by a local magazine. *fingers crossed* Oh, and I hope you noted and appreciated the fact that I had to leave the house to do this. Like, actually change out of my sweatpants and wash my hair. I know, right? #thestruggle jk jk it was so cool.
(A little hint!)
- Y’all know how much I LOVE YA. Or, you should. And today, the teaser trailer for Jenny Han’s book-turned-Netflix-movie To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is out!! *fangirl scream*
I love Lara + Peter (and it centers around handwritten letters, so 100 percent MY JAM), and I am so stinkin’ excited for this movie. Going to watch it daily until August 17th byeeeeeee
- RUN don’t walk to your nearest grocery store because COTTON CANDY GRAPES ARE IN SEASON!!! If you haven’t had them, you have missed out. Repent and get in your car RIGHT NOW. I wait for them (not so) patiently ever year and come close to buying the store out. The three bags I just recently bought were gone in less than a week. SO SO SO good.
- Need some good non-depressing e-articles to read? Check out one of my favorite series, NTY’s Letters of Recommendation, a column dedicated to “celebrations of objects and experiences that have been overlooked or underappreciated.” It’s one of my favorite things to read. They have clever think pieces on interesting topics, everything from reading spoilers, to crying at movies, to in-flight movies. It’s fun and everything I love about writing.
- I’ll detail this more on my June Naptime Reads roundup (coming soon!!), but I just had to pass along an A+ read: Model Mormon by Rosemary Card. It’s funny and well-written and inspiring. 10/10
- And while I’m talking #GirlPower, I have to mention this adorable shirt for girls: the new girl gang, featuring our female heroines like Malala, Eleanor Roosevelt and RBG. I don’t have any girls myself, but you best believe I’m getting one if I ever do. And possibly for any little girl I meet. Who run the world? GIRLS.
- And lastly, couldn’t end this post without giving a shout-out to my BFF, Jess, who painted this Sarah Dessen quote for me as a surprise gift. Like, can you even??? She’s so talented! And how perfect is she for knowing that I love SD??? I have the best friends. <3 <3
That’s all for now, folks. I hope you have a fantastic weekend! And if you’ve got a cool Thursday Thing you want to share, comment below!